Please select your location and preferred language where available.
Kioxia Extends Lineup of PCIe® 4.0 SSDs for High-End Client Applications
New KIOXIA XG8 Series Delivers High Performance, Latest Security Features
- April 26, 2022
- Kioxia Corporation
Tokyo – In a move that bolsters its comprehensive PCIe® 4.0 solid-state drive (SSD) portfolio, Kioxia Corporation has introduced the KIOXIA XG8 Series of client SSDs for high-end notebooks, desktops, gaming systems, workstations, as well as data center boot applications.
Designed to bring next-generation performance to demanding client environments, the XG8 Series enables power users to take advantage of PCIe Gen4 x4 speed and ample storage space.
The XG8 Series is available in an M.2 type 2280 form factor and supports optional security features using the latest TCG Pyrite 2.01 and TCG Opal 2.01 standards to ensure data is kept secure at home, in the office or on the road. In addition, the XG8 Series features end-to-end data path protection for greater data integrity.
Additional features include:
- Forward-looking support for NVMe™ 1.4 feature set and Basic Management Commands over System Management Bus (SMBus), which enables tighter thermal management for PCs
- Power Loss Notification is supported to protect data against forced shut-downs
- Sideband signals (PERST#, CLKREQ# and PLN#) are available in both 1.8V and 3.3V (current client models support only 3.3V), enabling support for more platforms
The XG8 Series is offered in capacities of 512GB, 1024GB, 2048GB and 4096GB, and is now available for customer evaluation.
 Availability of security/encryption options may vary by region.
- The samples are for evaluation purposes. The specifications of the samples may differ from the production models.
- Definition of capacity: Kioxia defines a megabyte (MB) as 1,000,000 bytes, a gigabyte (GB) as 1,000,000,000 bytes and a terabyte (TB) as 1,000,000,000,000 bytes. A computer operating system, however, reports storage capacity using powers of 2 for the definition of 1Gb = 2^30 bits = 1,073,741,824 bits, 1GB = 2^30 bytes = 1,073,741,824 bytes and 1TB = 2^40 bytes = 1,099,511,627,776 bytes and therefore shows less storage capacity. Available storage capacity (including examples of various media files) will vary based on file size, formatting, settings, software and operating system, and/or pre-installed software applications, or media content. Actual formatted capacity may vary.
- PCI Express and PCIe are registered trademarks of PCI-SIG.
- NVM Express and NVMe are registered or unregistered marks of NVM Express, Inc. in the United States and other countries.
- All other company names, product names and service names may be trademarks of their respective companies.
Information in this document, including product prices and specifications, content of services and contact information, is correct on the date of the announcement but is subject to change without prior notice.