Please select your location and preferred language where available.
Design meets performance
Capacity500GB 1TB 2TB
UsageClient desktops and laptops
Meet the KIOXIA EXCERIA PLUS Portable SSD series—a combination chic and timeless design and KIOXIA's SSD technology utilizing BiCS FLASH™ 3D flash memory that delivers read speed of up to 1,050MB/s*1. Well-suited for on-the-go users and content creators, the EXCERIA PLUS Portable SSD series prioritizes portability with a shockproof housing*3 that fits up to 2TB of data in the palm of your hand.
- USB 3.2 Gen2 interface
- Include USB Type-C® to A, Type-C to C cable
- Compatible with Windows OS, macOS, iPadOS, Android™ OS, PS4, PS4 Pro, PS5, Xbox Series X/S*2
- Durable shockproof housing compatible with MIL-STD drop test*3
- Users can also utilize KIOXIA's SSD Utility management software for password protection to safeguard valuable data
Sleek and Stylish
Your data can go where you go, in style. The KIOXIA EXCERIA PLUS Portable SSD series puts emphasis on both design and portability with its smooth, rounded aluminum housing. Easy-to-grip and pocket-sized*4, this elegant portable SSD series offers compact, handy storage for users who seek out timeless design in their mobile lifestyle.
Compatible out-of-the-box with Windows OS, macOS, iPadOS, Android™ OS, PS4, PS4 Pro, PS5 and Xbox Series X/S*2, the EXCERIA PLUS Portable SSD features a slim USB Type-C® connector with a USB 3.2 Gen2 interface enabling you to quickly transfer 4K videos and high-res photos. Each EXCERIA PLUS Portable SSD includes both a Type-C to A and Type-C to C cable to ensure your drive works on both current and legacy systems.
Carry Without Worry
Compatible with MIL-STD drop test*3 , the EXCERIA PLUS Portable SSD features a shockproof housing and has no moving parts making it highly durable. Its aluminum housing also enables effective heat dissipation*4 during heavy workloads. For peace of mind, you can password protect and safeguard up to 2TB of data, even if you lose your EXCERIA PLUS Portable SSD.
Cutting-Edge 3D Flash Memory
Each EXCERIA SSD is built with BiCS FLASH™ and a vertically stacked cell structure, delivering a cutting edge storage experience.
Need to secure your data? SSD Utility enables password protection on your EXCERIA PLUS Portable SSD. When using password protection, please make sure that password protection is set. Please refer to the Password-Protection-Confirmation.pdf document for confirmation instructions
We highly recommend you install and update to the latest version to maximize your drive’s performance and check its Percentage Life Left using the health gauge.
EXCERIA PLUS Portable SSD Product Specifications
Capacity / dimensions
500GB, 1TB, 2TB
USB3.2 Gen2 / USB3.2 Gen1 / USB2.0
Dimension (Typ.: LxWxH)
105.0 x 45.0 x 14.7 mm
76.0 g (typ.)
Max Sequential Read Speed*1
Max Sequential Write Speed*1
Operating environment / protection performance
0 ℃ (Ta) to 45 ℃ (Ta)
-40 ℃ to 85 ℃
MIL-STD-810H 516.8 procedure IV compliant*3
3.10 Grms, 2~500 Hz, (30 min / Axis) x 3 Axis
Client desktops, laptops, tablets, mobile phones, and game consoles
Compatible OS and Device*2
Windows OS: Windows 11 Home x64, Windows 11 Pro x64, Windows 10 Home x64, Windows 10 Pro x64, Windows 8.1 x64 Edition
macOS: macOS High Sierra 10.13, macOS Mojave 10.14, macOS Catalina 10.15, macOS Big Sur 11, macOS Monterey 12
iPadOS: iPad OS 14.6
Android™ OS: Android 11, Android 12
PS4, PS4 Slim, PS4 Pro: Firmware Version 9.51
Xbox Series X/S: Firmware Version 10.0.22000.3832
(As of October 24, 2022)
(Compatibility may vary and may be contingent on host device capabilities. )
Services and Support
Up to 3-year manufacturer's warranty
USB Type-C to A cable (300mm)
USB Type-C to C cable (300mm)
Find retailers and/or distributors near your area.
Get the latest product briefs, user manuals, safety instructions, software, and more.
- EXCERIA PLUS Portable SSD: Sequential speeds are measured with CrystalDiskMark 8.0.1 x64, Q=8, T=1.
These values are the best values obtained in a specific test environment at KIOXIA Corporation and KIOXIA Corporation warrant neither read nor write speeds in individual devices. Read and write speed may vary depending on a device used and file size read or written.The host device must support USB 3.2 Gen2 and the UASP mode must be enabled.
- These operability confirmed under KIOXIA’s condition. Compatibility may vary and may be contingent on host device capabilities. Compatible OS and/or device for this portable SSD is not the same as compatible OS and/or device for SSD Utility. Some operating systems may require product reformatting.
- MIL-STD-810H 516.8 procedure IV compliant. The EXCERIA PLUS Portable SSD remained functional after enduring 26 drops from a height of 122 cm onto a steel plate with reinforced concrete on each of its edges, faces and corners.
- Do not touch the drive while it is hot to prevent skin burns upon contact.
Electronic components became hot during operation.
Do not cover the drive during operation, as it may become overheated.
Allow all components to cool down after disconnecting power before contact.
- KIOXIA Corporation defines “RoHS Compatible” products as products that either ( i ) contain no more than a maximum concentration value of 0.1% by weight in Homogeneous Materials for lead, mercury, hexavalent chromium, polybrominated biphenyls (PBBs), polybrominated diphenyl ethers (PBDEs), bis(2-ethylhexyl) phthalate (DEHP), dibutyl phthalate (DBP), benzyl butyl phthalate (BBP) and diisobutyl phthalate (DIBP) and of 0.01% by weight in Homogeneous Materials for cadmium; or ( ii ) fall within any of the application exemptions set forth in the Annex to the RoHS Directive(*). This does not mean that Kioxia Corporation products labeled “RoHS COMPATIBLE” are entirely free of substances controlled by the RoHS Directive and does not constitute a warranty or guarantee that such products will comply with the specific laws and/or regulations adopted in any particular jurisdiction.
*RoHS Directive: KIOXIA Corporation defines “RoHS Directive” as the DIRECTIVE 2011/65/EU OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL of 8 June 2011 on the restriction of the use of certain hazardous substances in electrical and electronic equipment.
Definition of capacity: KIOXIA defines a megabyte (MB) as 1,000,000 bytes, a gigabyte (GB) as 1,000,000,000 bytes and a terabyte (TB) as 1,000,000,000,000 bytes. A computer operating system, however, reports storage capacity using powers of 2 for the definition of 1GB = 2^30 bytes = 1,073,741,824 bytes and therefore shows less storage capacity. Available storage capacity (including examples of various media files) will vary based on file size, formatting, settings, software and operating system, such as Microsoft Operating System and/or pre-installed software applications, or media content. Actual formatted capacity may vary.
Read and write speed may vary depending on the host device, read and write conditions, and file size.
Product specifications and design are subject to change without prior notice.
Product images may represent design model. Actual product may vary.
To protect against accidental data loss, back up your data frequently on other storage media. KIOXIA Corporation does not warrant any data stored on the product.
Browse our support FAQ to quickly find answers to commonly asked questions.
Download documents, software, manuals, brochures, and product images.
Browse personal SSD/Cards & USB warranty information.
Contact customer support for help with your products.