Please select your location and preferred language where available.
Kioxia Introduces New Levels of Performance with Enterprise NVMe™ SSD Family Designed with PCIe® 5.0 Technology
KIOXIA CM7 Series SSDs Available in New EDSFF E3.S and Industry Standard 2.5-Inch Form Factors
- July 26, 2022
- Kioxia Corporation
Tokyo – In another move that delivers next-generation levels of performance to enterprise data centers, Kioxia Corporation today announced that its KIOXIA CM7 series enterprise NVMe™ SSDs are now shipping to select customers. Optimized for the needs of high-performance, highly efficient servers and storage, the KIOXIA CM7 series family is designed with PCIe® 5.0 technology in Enterprise and Datacenter Standard Form Factor (EDSFF) E3.S and 2.5-inch form factors.
Having introduced the industry’s first EDSFF drives designed with PCIe 5.0 technology last year, the addition of the KIOXIA CM7 series family expands KIOXIA’s leadership position and allows OEM customers to deliver best-in-class sequential read 14 GB/s performance to end users.
The EDSFF E3 family enables the next generation of SSDs with PCIe 5.0 technology and beyond to address future data center architectures, while supporting a variety of new devices and applications. It provides improved airflow and thermals, signal integrity benefits, eliminates the need for LEDs on the drive carriers, and gives options for larger SSD capacity points.
KIOXIA CM7 Series highlights include:
- EDSFF E3.S and 2.5-inch 15mm Z-height form factors
- Designed to the NVMe 2.0 and PCIe 5.0 specifications
- SFF-TA-1001 capable to support Universal Backplane Management enabled systems (also known as U.3)
- Read-intensive (1 DWPD) capacities up to 30.72 TB
- Mixed-use (3 DWPD) capacities up to 12.80 TB
- Dual-port design for high availability applications
- Flash Die Failure Protection maintains full reliability in case of a die failure
- Cutting edge feature support – SR-IOV, CMB, Multistream writes
 2.5-inch form factor in a U.3 connection will be limited to PCIe Gen4 performance.
 As of November 9, 2021 based on Kioxia Corporation survey of publicly available information.
 As of July 26, 2022 based on Kioxia Corporation survey of publicly available information.
 Maximum capacity in E3.S is 15.36 TB.
- The samples are for evaluation purposes. The specifications of the samples may differ from the production models.
- DWPD: Drive Write(s) Per Day. One full drive write per day means the drive can be written and re-written to full capacity once a day every day for five years, the stated product warranty period. Actual results may vary due to system configuration, usage and other factors. Read and write speed may vary depending on the host device, read and write conditions, and file size.
- Definition of capacity: Kioxia Corporation defines a megabyte (MB) as 1,000,000 bytes, a gigabyte (GB) as 1,000,000,000 bytes and a terabyte (TB) as 1,000,000,000,000 bytes. A computer operating system, however, reports storage capacity using powers of 2 for the definition of 1Gb = 2^30 bits = 1,073,741,824 bits, 1GB = 2^30 bytes = 1,073,741,824 bytes and 1TB = 2^40 bytes = 1,099,511,627,776 bytes and therefore shows less storage capacity. Available storage capacity (including examples of various media files) will vary based on file size, formatting, settings, software and operating system, and/or pre-installed software applications, or media content. Actual formatted capacity may vary.
- PCIe is a registered trademark of PCI-SIG.
- NVMe is a registered or unregistered mark of NVM Express, Inc. in the United States and other countries.
- Other company names, product names and service names may be trademarks of their respective companies.
Kioxia is a world leader in memory solutions, dedicated to the development, production and sale of flash memory and solid-state drives (SSDs). In April 2017, its predecessor Toshiba Memory was spun off from Toshiba Corporation, the company that invented NAND flash memory in 1987. Kioxia is committed to uplifting the world with “memory” by offering products, services and systems that create choice for customers and memory-based value for society. Kioxia's innovative 3D flash memory technology, BiCS FLASH™, is shaping the future of storage in high-density applications, including advanced smartphones, PCs, SSDs, automotive and data centers.
Information in this document, including product prices and specifications, content of services and contact information, is correct on the date of the announcement but is subject to change without prior notice.