Please select your location and preferred language where available.
Kioxia Announces Next-Generation EDSFF E1.S SSDs for Hyperscale Data Centers
New KIOXIA XD7P Series Data Center NVMe™ SSDs Deliver Improved Performance; Designed with PCIe🄬 5.0 Technology
- October 19, 2022
- Kioxia Corporation
Tokyo – Furthering its mission to address the specific requirements of enterprise and data center applications, Kioxia Corporation today announced that it has built on this achievement by introducing the KIOXIA XD7P Series Data Center NVMe SSDs. Designed for hyperscale and general server applications in the new Enterprise and Data Center Standard Form Factor (EDSFF) E1.S form factor, KIOXIA XD7P Series Drives are the second generation of Kioxia’s E1.S SSDs with Open Compute Project (OCP) Data Center NVMe SSD support, following its KIOXIA XD6 Series. KIOXIA XD7P Series Drives are now sampling to select customers(1).
KIOXIA XD7P Series Data Center NVMe SSDs deliver overall improved performance, achieving nearly 1.5 to 2X the sequential write performance and random read/write performance compared to its predecessor. The KIOXIA XD7P Series Drives are designed to PCIe 4.0 and NVMe 2.0 specifications, and PCIe 5.0 with maximum interface speed of 32 GT/s per lane is under development. Hence, KIOXIA XD7P Series will be released initially as PCIe 4.0 SSDs. PCIe 5.0 SSDs will be released based on customer demand.
Based on Kioxia’s 5th generation BiCS FLASH™ 3D flash memory technology, the KIOXIA XD7P Series utilizes a proprietary Kioxia controller, which can be customized to customer needs. The E1.S form factor will be available in heights of 9.5mm, 15mm and 25mm with heat sink options. Capacities will be available up to 7.68 TB with 1 DWPD endurance. TCG Opal SSC SED security options will also be available(2).
- Engineering samples are for OEM customer evaluation. The specifications may differ from those at the time of mass production.
- Availability of security/encryption options may vary by region.
- DWPD: Drive Write(s) Per Day. One full drive write per day means the drive can be written and re-written to full capacity once a day every day for five years, the stated product warranty period. Actual results may vary due to system configuration, usage and other factors.
- Read and write speed may vary depending on the host device, read and write conditions, and file size.
- Definition of capacity: Kioxia Corporation defines a megabyte (MB) as 1,000,000 bytes, a gigabyte (GB) as 1,000,000,000 bytes and a terabyte (TB) as 1,000,000,000,000 bytes. A computer operating system, however, reports storage capacity using powers of 2 for the definition of 1GB = 2^30 bytes = 1,073,741,824 bytes and 1TB = 2^40 bytes = 1,099,511,627,776 bytes and therefore shows less storage capacity. Available storage capacity (including examples of various media files) will vary based on file size, formatting, settings, software and operating system, and/or pre-installed software applications, or media content. Actual formatted capacity may vary.
- NVMe is a registered or unregistered mark of NVM Express, Inc. in the United States and other countries.
- PCIe is a registered trademark of PCI-SIG.
- Other company names, product names and service names may be trademarks of their respective companies.
Kioxia is a world leader in memory solutions, dedicated to the development, production and sale of flash memory and solid-state drives (SSDs). In April 2017, its predecessor Toshiba Memory was spun off from Toshiba Corporation, the company that invented NAND flash memory in 1987. Kioxia is committed to uplifting the world with “memory” by offering products, services and systems that create choice for customers and memory-based value for society. Kioxia's innovative 3D flash memory technology, BiCS FLASH™, is shaping the future of storage in high-density applications, including advanced smartphones, PCs, SSDs, automotive and data centers.
Global Sales Offices
Information in this document, including product prices and specifications, content of services and contact information, is correct on the date of the announcement but is subject to change without prior notice.