Please select your location and preferred language where available.
KIOXIA CD8P Series PCIe® 5.0 and NVMe™ Data Center SSD Named ‘Best of Show’ at Flash Memory Summit 2023
- August 10, 2023
- Kioxia Corporation
Tokyo – Kioxia Corporation, a world leader in memory solutions, today announced that its KIOXIA CD8P Series data center SSD has received a Flash Memory Summit ‘Best of Show’ award in the ‘Most Innovative Memory Technology’ category. These awards recognize the most significant products and companies worldwide within the flash memory and solid state storage industries.
“We are proud to recognize Kioxia for their unwavering commitment to advancing flash memory,” said Jay Kramer, Chairman of the Awards Program and President of Network Storage Advisors Inc. “Kioxia was the first vendor to offer drives designed with PCIe® 5.0 and NVMe™ 2.0 interface technology. The new KIOXIA CD8P drives continue the company’s momentum by delivering the high performance and low latency required by next-generation digital enterprise and data center infrastructures.”
The KIOXIA CD8P Series SSDs are well-suited to general purpose server and cloud environments that can take advantage of PCIe 5.0 (32 GT/s x4) performance. These data center applications can generate complex mixed workloads spread across large scale virtualized systems. The KIOXIA CD8P Series is available in capacities up to 30.72 terabytes(1) (TB) and in both Enterprise and Data Center Standard Form Factor (EDSFF) E3.S and 2.5-inch (U.2) form factors.
- E3.S form factor products will be available in capacities from 1.6TB to 15.36TB. 2.5-inch form factor products will be available in capacities from 1.6TB to 30.72TB.
- Definition of capacity: Kioxia Corporation defines a megabyte (MB) as 1,000,000 bytes, a gigabyte (GB) as 1,000,000,000 bytes and a terabyte (TB) as 1,000,000,000,000 bytes. A computer operating system, however, reports storage capacity using powers of 2 for the definition of 1 GB = 2^30 bytes = 1,073,741,824 bytes and 1 TB = 2^40 bytes = 1,099,511,627,776 bytes and therefore shows less storage capacity. Available storage capacity (including examples of various media files) will vary based on file size, formatting, settings, software and operating system, and/or pre-installed software applications, or media content. Actual formatted capacity may vary.
- Read and write speed may vary depending on the host device, read and write conditions, and file size.
- PCIe is a registered trademark of PCI-SIG.
- NVMe is a registered or unregistered mark of NVM Express, Inc. in the United States and other countries.
- Other company names, product names and service names may be trademarks of third-party companies.
Information in this document, including product prices and specifications, content of services and contact information, is correct on the date of the announcement but is subject to change without prior notice.