Please select your location and preferred language where available.
EXCERIA PLUS Portable SSD Not Recognized by Android Devices
- Initial issue date: March 7, 2022
- Update date: March 30, 2022
- Kioxia Corporation
To: Valued Customers,
It has been confirmed that the EXCERIA PLUS Portable SSD is not recognized by Android devices.
This problem can be fixed by reformatting the device on a Windows PC or Mac, and the device can continue to be used.
Please follow the instructions below to format the EXCERIA PLUS Portable SSD in exFAT MBR format on your Windows PC or Mac. Please note that formatting the SSD will erase all the data stored on it. Therefore, you should always make a backup of your data to your own device before formatting your EXCERIA PLUS portable SSD.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
- (Windows 10) EXCERIA PLUS Portable SSD exFAT MBR Format procedure using Windows PC.pdf
- (Windows 11) EXCERIA PLUS Portable SSD exFAT MBR Format procedure using Windows PC.pdf
- (Mac OS)EXCERIA PLUS Portable SSD exFAT MBR Format procedure using Mac.pdf
EXCERIA PLUS Portable SSDs manufactured after March 2022 have had this problem corrected. The date of manufacture can be found on the label on the back of the EXCERIA PLUS Portable SSD.
Please contact us if you have questions or concerns about this notice.